Many customers have come to rely on Proto Plastics for more than just plastic injection molding. Our secondary operations department offers a number of value added services that can simplify and streamline your production schedule.
- Ultrasonic welding — Ten Branson ultrasonic welders are employed for jobs such as hermetic plastic-to-plastic joints, installation of windows and lenses into housings, and insertion of mechanical fasteners, studs, and threaded inserts into plastic injection molded parts.
- Secondary machining — Activities include CNC machining, milling, turning, grinding, drilling and tapping.
- Pad printing — Two Teca Print machines are used for dozens of color graphic applications in one, two or three colors. We have an in-house cliche maker, and can prepare a new graphic image for printing within 24 hours.
Assembly — Our Finished Assemblies Include Items Such As:
- Touch panels
- Covers with windows
- Wire harnesses
- Battery packs
- Housings with hinges and fasteners
- Mechanical clamp assemblies
- Ink Tanks, and manifolds
- Encapsulated filters
Our Skilled Secondary Operations People Can Perform Many Activities:
- Mechanical fastening
- Leak testing
- Bar coding
As many of our customers have discovered, Proto Plastics has the people, equipment and experience to be a true one-stop shop for your plastic design and manufacturing needs.